Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today is August 5, 2026

Quote of the day:

"Anything you dream is fiction, and anything you accomplish is science. The whole history of mandkind is nothing but science fiction."
~Ray Bradbury

Fashion quote of the day:

"'Style' is an expression of indiviualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style."
~John Fairchild

Just so those who don't know what 'charisma' means (I know I didn't before looking it up), here is the dictionary definition.

cha·ris·ma

–noun, plural .
1. Theology . a divinely conferred gift or power.
2. a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
3. the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

Origin:
1635–45; < LL < Gk, equiv. to char- (base of cháris favor, charízesthai to favor; akin to yearn, exhort) + -isma -ism


—Synonyms
2. charm, magnetism, presence.

Yup. Pretty clear.

Well, after actually having to look something up (the horror) I believe I will just leave you all with a good song with interesting costumes and leave it at that for the fashiony part of this blog.

Enjoy.


Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Uploaded by UniversalMusicGroup. - Watch more music videos, in HD!

I first say this video on a friend of mine's blog (Jessica) and I fell in love. I really enjoy the different makeup, along with the whimsical outfit+jewlrey pairing. Reminds me of Kelly Framel, whom I adore.

Mmmk. I shall be going now.
<3 Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment