Thursday, October 28, 2010

Come little children

Sunday is Holloween! Holloween! I know, I know, thirteen is a little old to be Trick or Treating and such, but I saw you're never too old for sugar. :D I'm dressing up as a Special, which is pretty much the super spies of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. If you have not read these books, you need to. They are absolutely epic. Anyhow, it means that I get to wear all black, Doc Martin knock offs, ruby red lipstick, black eyeshadow, and liquid eyeliner tats. Pretty sexy. I know.







These are the five covers of the book that Scott Westerfield wrote in the Uglies trilogy. Oops, I forgot Bogus to Bubbly, but that's just a little handbook on how Scott came up with the idea for Uglies. Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Extras are the actual books, and Mindrain is sort of a discussion on how the book is a sort of break down of real life. I need to read that one still. :* Here is the plot intro of the first book. I won't do the summary, because that would be a total spoiler to those who haven't read them. I also need to read the Midnighters series, also be Scott Westerfield. A fellow Westerfield follower told me that they were a must-read.

The Uglies series is set at least a few centuries in the future, after current civilization was destroyed by a bacterium which de-established all petroleum products, causing widespread chaos. The survivors of this disaster established cities much smaller than those currently existing, each of which is independently governed with limited traveling. At the age of sixteen, each person undergoes an operation which boosts their immune system and reflexes while giving them well-proportioned, symmetrical faces based on an international standard, so that all pretties look nearly identical. Later operations follow to show signs of increasing age while maintaining this beauty. Before they receive the operation, children are referred to as "uglies", and are kept separate from their older friends.

Got that off of Wikipedia, just an FYI.

But yeah. And I just found out that a movie is coming out in 2011. So happy! Or, should I be bubbly and say happy-making? :) But yeah. That's the Uglies. I love them.

Anywho, inspiration post! Inspire away.






Alrighty. Credits.

Ballerina painting, black and white lift photo, pretty painting, and a delicate lace dress.

I was lazy and didn't post many inspiration pictures, even though I got a ton of pictures, because it takes wayyyy too long to credit. O.o I'm lazy. I know.

Alrighty, that's all for today!

<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment